2021 Sorella Spring Meeting
Karen Richardson | Published on 4/29/2021
The 2021 spring team meeting was held on Sunday, April 25th, and due to Covid was done via Zoom rather than in person this year. Hopefully, we will return to some normalcy and can meet in person in the Fall.
That said, I think the Zoom meeting was a great success. Being new to the club, and not having attended one prior, I did not know what to expect. For me, it really started with the email letting us know about the Zoom meeting and that goodie bags were being put together for all the members for pickup at one of two locations. Goodie bags…. what!? How exciting! Walking up to the porch and seeing all the pretty orange and blue tissue stuffed bags made me feel so special. And the contents did not disappoint – lots of fun and useful items from our awesome sponsors!
Our President, Michelle Hollberg, kicked off the meeting and covered several topics including:
- Board member intros:
- Saskia Hoppe - Vice President
- Lauren Haws - Secretary
- Lea Rolfes – Treasurer
- Jean D’Alessandro – Member Outreach
- Linda Rathje – Ride Coordinator
- Diane Schleicher – Sponsorship Director
- Carol Lipinski – Events Director
- Mission Statement
- History of the club
- Statistics on members and where everyone is located (which was very interesting)
- Return to Riding Plan (Yeees!)
- Summer Clinics (4 on the schedule so far)
- Yoga for Cyclists with Kim Nelson on May 9th
- Tips & Tricks for Climbing Hills with Jennifer Klein on June 6th
- Arm Strength & Core with Melanie King on July 11th
- Sprinting with Saskia Hoppe (date TBD)
Sponsorship: Diane Schleicher covered our sponsor list which included the proper tags to use for both Facebook and Instagram. She also covered the benefits, which can also be found on the website in Perks.
Race team presentations:
Amanda Hunt, Off Road Team Director, shared a fun video presentation of the Off Road Team.
Melanie King, Road Team Director, and Jennifer Klein collaborated and shared slides with photos and fun facts of the Road Race Team.
There were several items raffled off at the end including a few pair of Tifosi sunglasses, several Hincapie Fondo entries, an Escape to Blue Ridge package, and Hincapie kits. Big THANKS to our sponsors!
Attendance was very good with close to 50 members joining. For those unable to attend, we missed you! But no worries, the Zoom meeting was recorded and is posted on the Sorella website.
Happy (and safe) Riding everyone!
Spring Meeting AGM 2021 presentation
Sorella Race Team Presentation 2021